Pages

Monday 21 May 2018

My sailing reacount

A crazy day in a boat
Tuesday was a very exciting day. My class were going to go sailing. I was feeling it bit nervous but excited at the same time. We were going to go in the morning and come back in the afternoon.

Everyone got to school we all left in our group's. We got to Okahu bay and the instructor was there the instructor gave us instructions to build out boat it looked easy at first but when me and my partner tried it ourselves, it was so hard.

We got all the easy parts of our boat finished but we had to do our sail and ropes and the “BOOM OF DOOM” almost hit me. The instructor told us to come in but we haven't even finished our boat but luckily Maria came and checked all of our boats.

Then we had to get into gear. We had to wear a wetsuit, a rain jacket over that and a really tight life jacket. When we finished getting changed, I could barely breath, I felt like I was being choked to death.

It was time to go on the water the man said to get in a line up to go on the water. It was our turn to go on the water. When we got on the water my partner was freaking out and I was scream my life out, I screamed so loud that I felt like I was in a horror movie.

I was taking care of the rudder and my partner was taking care of the sail. It turns out that we were coming first, Then we had some lunch, my food was so yummy I wanted to eat more but I knew I couldn’t because I would get a kramp.

The second time we sailed we forgot to put the boar in the middle and I fell out of the boat and my partner left me. I was laughing in my head but angry at him, just then others also forgot and the jumped out of the boat so I helped them push their boat back to shore.

I finally got onto the boat (again). We swapped jobs.

Just then, our instructor flipped all of our boats and we had to figure out how to flip it back over, me and my partner were the first ones to flip our boat back up.

There was so much water in our boat and I was shivering. It was time to go back to shore, so we sailed back to shore, got our trailer and brang our boats back to shore.



I thought the water was going to be just like the beach, but it wasn’t. The water was really deep I felt like I was going to drown, but I wasn’t.

It was time to go home now, I wish we got to have a longer swim and also have another chance to go sailing.

This was a very interesting day. I wonder what will happen when I go sailing again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment