Pages

Thursday 18 January 2018

S.L.J Bonus activity Day 1 2017-2018

Bonus Activity: Waka Ama
On your blog tell us whether you would like to be in a Waka Ama race one day. Why or why not?



I would not like to be in a Waka Ama race because, If you want to win you have to paddle as fast as you can, and I can tell by watching and asking questions to my Dad, it is hard work.

What happens if you don't know if the water is cold, warm or even boiling hot, the answer is you don't.

I hate the feeling when my lips blue or purple, my teeth shaking and my body shivering.

That is why I would not like to be in a Waka Ama race.

8 comments:

  1. Hey patience,
    I have been looking at your outstanding work. I think that you have been doing a great job. Keep up all the outstanding work :) cheers Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily!

      Delete
    2. Hi Patience,

      I like your reasons why you would not be in Waka race. Cold water is never fun for anybody. :)

      Please can you check the punctuation and your first sentence. It does not quite make sense.

      Mrs Middleton

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hey there Patience, thank you for sharing your honest opinion of whether or not you would like to participate in the Waka Ama race. It certainly seems like it requires a lot of hard work. I think you'd get really sore arms and shoulders from rowing so much. You would have to learn to work really well in a team too, because you all need to row at the same time.

    Do you think you would enjoy it if the temperature of the water was just right?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Billy,
    Thanks for commenting on my blog. Yes, I think I would enjoy the temperature of the water if it was just the right temperature, but the thing is if I get into water and come out of the water my lips are blue or purple, my teeth are shaking and my body shivering no matter what temperature.

    Best Regards,
    Patience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patience thank you for replying to my comments.

      Wow that sounds terrible. I would hate that! Do they turn blue/purple when the water is hot?

      That must make it a little bit annoying when you want to go swimming in the summer.

      Thanks, Billy

      Delete
    2. Hey Billy,
      My lips do turn blue or purple, but only when I come out of the water.

      Best Regards,
      Patience

      Delete