Pages

Friday 1 September 2017

My recount writing: Matariki lights

Learning goal-We are learning to write a recount with a Title, clear introduction, middle and conclusion.
We are learning to write a recount using our personal voice. 
Success criteria-I can write a recount with the correct structure, with paragraphs and using descriptive language.
I can write a recount using my personal voice.


MATARIKI LIGHTS

On Saturday I went to the Matariki light trail in Glen Innes. I went with my mum and two cousins Jenifer and Shanel. The weather was so cold, cold as a block of ice, so we all wore warm jackets and beanies.  When we first walked into the entrance the lights we're so bright that I was like a possum caught in headlights and the crowds were as busy as a bee hive.

At the Matariki light trail they also had different stalls. The one stall we liked sold light sticks but there were none left, and all they had left we're only light necklaces so we bought those instead. We did some pretty cool tricks with them. Jenifer, put it around her neck and spun it, it was like a spaceship coming into land. I did a similar thing to Jenifer, but I did it with my arm spinning and jumped up and down like a bouncy ball.

We decided to get something to munch because I was SO hungry and chop suey did the trick. While we were eating we saw some of my Aunties, Uncles and cousin's.
I saw my friend Lydia from my dance class but she didn’t recognise me because of my beanie.

‘Time to walk the light trail’ my mum pointed out . So we did! It was as bright as the city of Las Vegas. We had to cross a bridge and on the bridge you could see glowing jellyfish.

We walked back to find a good spot to watch the fantastic fireworks. My favourite part was watching the fireworks. I liked the sounds.It was  like someone was talking into a microphone, a plane coming into land and all they whistling like at netball. When the fireworks finished we walked back to the car and when we looked down we had so much mud on our shoes I’m sure we left our own mud trail. I really had a fun night at the trail I hope I can do it again next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment