Pages

Friday 30 November 2018

My Game of Awesome writing

My Normal Family

My family…. Hmmmm... I wonder where to start? 
Well, I’m from a family of five, the parents, my big brother, little sis and me. I’m the middle child, seems pretty normal, right?

In fact, they all have superpowers! 
Mum has laser eyes that hypnotise. Dad’s got the super strength, big bro can fly and my sister has the brains. 
Me?... well all I can tell you is… I don’t have any😐.

My sister and I go to the same school, she is a “know-it-all sister” I mean literally. She’s only three, three! 
I mean, she could’ve waited two more years to turn five and not be so obvious she has “nerdy” superpowers.

Everyday there's a problem in town, alien invasion, a meat monster, slime monster and heaps more. I always miss the fun. It must be cool soaring through the sky, lifting humongous buildings, lasering all the baddies and solving any problem, just like…..THAT!

Y e a h... it’s pretty hard because whenever there is a problem in town, off they go to save the day. I’m always left behind and told to do my homework. BORING!!! 
I really, really want my own superpowers! Maybe I’ll get mind control, super speedy or anything! 

It’s funny because they were so sick of getting crazy alerts like, saving cats from trees, helping old people cross the road, pushing cars without petrol and the greatest 111 call, for the best way to cook a lamb roast.
Considering they’re always out crime fighting and I’m stuck at home base. My parents decided it was time to take a family day off together. No saving the city, no homework just us and the animals in the zoo. So today is about no drama just a normal family hanging out doing normal things in a normal zoo.

As usual, little sis obviously had the map, navigating us to the tigers. The icy slushies were hitting the right spot. It was boiling hot today and no amount of superpowers were going to keep us cool.

We had just reached the tiger enclosure. Along the way, I was imaging being a tiger irritated from this hot sun.
EWW... I was starting to sweat and overheat...YUCK! ... I was also feeling light headed too. 
Oddly enough, people weren't focusing on the tigers, instead me. Why? I couldn’t figure it out, I was clueless. 

I quickly ran to the bathroom. EEK!!!! OMG!!!  a TIGER? I could barely recognise myself in the mirror. A tiger? 
Could this be my new superpower? I sprinted back. “Mum! Dad!” I yelled.

They were already in alert mode, mum had switched on her hypno eyes and dad’s guns came into action. 
People were screaming “TIGER ON THE LOOSE!” and running around like maniacs. 
I paused and thought...if I were a real tiger, they’d look like meat on a stick.  Now that’s what I call “fast food” laughing to myself.

Just then I felt these enormous hands on me….”Dad it’s me!”...  these were dad’s guns in actions “Ouch!”...”DAD IT’S ME! YOUR DAUGHTER?!” I kept yelling. I could hear my sister screaming coordinates to my brother, who was now flying overtop of me with a big net. “Guys it’s me!” I blurted out.

The net had fallen directly on me, I had nowhere to run. I was trapped. Mum's hypno eyes were taking effect and I felt myself drifting to sleep, and thinking about a quiet and calm tortoise. “How peculiar? the tiger just transformed into a tortoise.” exclaimed mum. “Are you thinking what I’m thinking dad?” asked big bro.
“My calculations were right! I told you guys, but you never listened. Any time now I pointed out, but NO, you guys wanted to play happy normal families. Well there you go! A shapeshifter.”  
“Someone wake her up” said sis, “she’ll need to transform back”. 

As I opened my eyes slowly, I was so confused. “Oh sleeping beauty’s back” chuckled dad. Little sis was whispering in my ear “If you wanna change back, you need to think of yourself…in human form” she said. 
“Mum your gonna have to use you hypno eyes to erase what everyone has seen today, big bro you get the net, and i’ll calculate the nearest exit.” announced my little sis. 

The aftermath was no more normal family outings, no more home base. Only saving the day as a normal superhero family.

No comments:

Post a Comment